Monday, August 29, 2011

Playing Dress Up: Birthdays!

Eek! The end of the week sort of slipped away from me and I didn't get to do my last '28th Year' post unfortunately. I think I'll try to find some time this month and still post what I was going to. It's good to document these things!

IMG_9290

In the meantime today I'm sharing my birthday outfit (different than my birthday suit- ha!). I worked up at Wanderlust all day Saturday and when I came home the adorable dress I was wearing was all sweaty. I had to find another dress for our evening festivities quickly! I've worn this dress a few times but it had this funny bottom piece that made the dress go below my knees. It looked a little dated (even for vintage) but luckily the dress was built in a way that cutting off that bottom piece was easy and voila- I had an adorable mini dress!

IMG_9285

IMG_9286

The boy planned to have all my friends come over to our house/courtyard for my birthday. He made a cheese plate, bought carrot cake from Pambiche (delicious!) and we drank vodka lemonades and chatted until it was time to head to Rum Club where I ate an amazing wedge salad and drank a few too many cocktails.

It was so fun! So far 29 feels just like 28.

What I wore: Headband: Giant Dwarf/ Dress: vintage (thrifted)/ Belt: vintage/ Camera: Parisian edition Diana (birthday gift from the boy!)/ Sandals: Mervyns/ Flowers: Anna Mara flowers

No comments: