Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Playing Dress Up: Ballet Practice





I'm really loving the bright red hair. Just this week I had a random guy on the street tell me that my hair color was 'hot'. I don't think he meant it in a 'punny' way (red- hot- get it?) but I thought it was hilarious. I think this outfit looks like an updated ballerina. I just wore it to run some errands and while I sewed up some new stuff for the shop, no ballet practice for me.

Did you take ballet as a child? I did and they were super strict about what we had to wear to class. All pink, from our tights to our shoes. And we had to have our hair in a tight bun. I've always been a pink fan, so the restrictions didn't bother me. I loved taking dance classes when I was little!

What I'm wearing: Top: Thrifted/ Skirt: Forever 21/ Leggings: Forever 21/ Shoes: Thrifted/ Hair Flowers: H&M/ Watch: belonged to the boy's grandpa/ Necklace: gift from the lovely Julia Crain

This is probably it for me this week, but I'll be back next week to share some cute things I made for the Puyallup show and probably some photos of our adventure too! Happy weekend.

2 comments:

retown said...

I'm LOVING the new super red hair! I'm still mulling over what you told me on Halloween about how I should go the ways of the copper-hued. These pics might be enough to put me over the edge.

Antelope Baby Industries said...

I think you should go for it! It's tough upkeep (mine's already fading a week in) but it's worth it.