Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Elephant in the Room


I picked up this little trash can at an estate sale a while back. The woman had travelled a lot and just had the most unusual stuff. I don't know for sure that this is from 'abroad' but I know it's handmade because some of the felt was coming off the can and when I went to glue it back into place, I could see some sort of original image that this covered up. It's seen better days, but that's part of the charm.



I originally bought him for the shop, thinking even if no one bought him but he'd just look cute but then I set him down in my office and kind of got use to seeing him everyday. I will be pulling him out for this show we have in Puyallup in a couple weeks. I wanted to sell small rolls of vintage wallpaper and he's the perfect thing to hold them all. I fully plan on bringing him back home though! I've become a little attached.

No comments: