Thursday, February 24, 2011

Second Bedroom Upgrade

I can't believe I've been working from home for over a year now. When I think about it, I can't even remember what it's like to commute and have co-workers I see every day. I'd put off converting our second bedroom into a full blown office for a while (it did double duty as a guest bedroom and office) but once Wanderlust started up, I couldn't deny that I needed more space.
I know it may seem cluttered or disjointed to those of you who love the clean, empty look that seems so popular in home decor right now, but that's just not me. I want to be surrounded by the things that I love and as long as I keep things organized, I'm happy to have containers full of notebooks and paper birds hanging from my wall.



We sold our bed to a friend and bought Expedit bookshelves from Ikea to get everything up off the floor. That was really our biggest investment for this change (maybe $70 when you subtract the money we made off the bed) and I'm just so happy with all the room I have now!
We're still working on some finishing touches and I'm purposefully not showing you the Wanderlust corner which is stacked to the ceiling with inventory and display items.



It's just so nice to walk into this space every morning and be ready to get to work or be creative. Next step: upgrade on the boys computer. We're picking up a laptop for him tomorrow, just in time for his birthday!

No comments: