Thursday, February 10, 2011

Project Restyle 1

One of my favorite blogs is A Beautiful Mess. The girl who writes it (Elsie) is hosting a really fun challenge called Project Restyle. I've wanted to participate in it but I hadn't found the right dress. When this one came along in a thrift store a few days ago I knew it was the perfect thing to transform!


the old dress


This also coincides with a trunk show Wanderlust is doing at the end of March where I'll have several restyled vintage dresses for sale. If I can part with this one (which fits me perfectly by the way) then I may have this one for sale there.



the new dress

It was really simple changes that made this dress wearable. I took the oversized sleeves off and made the arm holes smaller so it has a better fit on the top. Then I shortened it, hemming the bottom so it's knee length or just above which is super popular right now. I love the fabric, it's pretty out-there but n ow that it has a modern look to it, the pattern looks fun instead of dated.

1 comment:

julia said...

CUTE!! I see this in hawaii!