Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2010- Wanderlust

The biggest project we took on in 2010 was Wanderlust. It's been so much hard work but I've learned a ton and it's been the most rewarding thing I've ever accomplished. My idea from beginning to end, I really have loved every moment even when I've felt like I couldn't handle all the pressure and work. We pushed through and Wanderlust had some awesome moments in 2010.

I came up with the idea for Wanderlust in the Summer of 2009 but during the Summit of Awesome I was so motivated and excited. I filed for our business license the first nite of the conference.

We bought our first trailer, which was ultimately a bust, at the end of June. I loved that guy and we spent a lot of time on it before we had to admit defeat and move on to a trailer that ended up being so much better!


During the Summer, while we were working on the trailer, we launched our website, started doing some super cute photoshoots and ordered buttons, which we started passing around to friends.



We put in so much work on the trailer during July and August. So many decisions and long days. I look at these photos and just remember feeling exhausted but also really excited to get the business going.

At our first event, September 11, 2010 at the Boise Eliot Outdoor Market, was a challenge. I look at my face and I remember just feeling excited that we were finally open for business but also exhausted from all the work we'd put in.

Things started to get easier from there. We reached one of our first goals, to open up at a food cart pod. I can't wait to do more of this in Spring and Summer 2011!

And then, our grand opening party! Our most successful event by that point. We really started to feel like we had the business down at this point. Towing the trailer was getting easier and people were really loving the stuff in our shop.

And finally, our last Wanderlust event of 2010, Crafty Wonderland. It was insane and awesome and I loved it! We had a lot of success and the response was so encouraging.
Thank you for letting me share about my business here. It was such a huge part of 2010 and has become a really big part of my life. I'm so proud of it, and I love looking back on these photos.

No comments: