Monday, October 18, 2010

Fashion Inspiration: The Big Chill






Last nite the boy and I were searching netflix instant for a movie to watch, our only criteria was that we didn't want to see something we'd seen before. I came across The Big Chill. A movie I knew about but had never seen and we decided to give it a try. Instead of reviewing the movie itself, which I'm pretty lousy at, I want to talk about the AMAZING fashion and music.




First the fashion: Pants under dresses, early 80's Nikes, PERMS. Man. There are some gems. This stuff is pretty inspiring in my opinion and it's pretty easy to get the looks in the film. I found plenty of items at UrbanOutfitters, the vintage section of etsy, Ralph Lauren, Modcloth and Anthropologie. Pretty perfect for Fall, right? I love the idea of a light weight button-up and a puffy vest over it for a dude. And for ladies, a black floral dress or striped knit cardigan is already my go-to for this time of year.



The music is a huge part of the success of The Big Chill. They manage to have music montages without the cheese factor and almost every song is a 1960's Motown hit. Aretha, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations. I love this musical genre and I think my favorite part of the film was in the first 20 minutes, when The Rolling Stones' 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' plays as everyone gets in their cars and drives to the grave site.

No comments: