Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Striped Skirt




I made this skirt from the basic skirt pattern in Wendy Mullin's Sew U This book has wonderful straight forward directions. I added a zipper and trim at the bottom and I'm so happy with how it turned out. The fabric was on super sale, only $3 a yard so total this skirt probably cost $6 and it's prefect for summer!
I've also started going through my crafty stash and I'm planning on putting packages together later this week to mail out to interested parties. I'll post something more 'official' in a couple days.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

that skirt is awesome! i love the pink pom pom trim.

great minds thinks alike! i just downloaded a pattern from burdastyle for a skirt called "michelle" ooh! i got to print the pattern at work on the large format printer so i finally will make a skirt out of those lovely fabrics i got when i went to fabric depot with you, julia, and charisse!

Antelope Baby Industries said...

Oh awesome. Please share photos when you're finished! I can't remember if your comfortable with zippers or not but just go for it, once you do it successfully it's a breeze!