Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fair Part One.

We loved the ferris wheel.


In fact it was the only ride we went on. Best 5 tickets I've ever spent. We went around and around and then my favorite part: stop and go, stop and go as everyone disembarked. We sat at the top of the ferris wheel looking at downtown on one side of us and river and then our neighborhood on the other side. We tried to find our house but couldn't. We took photos of ourselves, stealthily moving from one side of the compartment to the other.

The boy took a bunch of photos with his Diana Mini which I can't wait to get developed. This ride was called the 'bear affair'. which is amazing.
I have to admit that I long to be back at the fair on a beautiful 75 degree day like Saturday, especially with the rain we're having today. Oh, Portland.
I talked to my dad yesterday, who's lived in Seattle for pretty much his whole life, and I mentioned the weather. He said 'It's just one of those Junes'. Gotta love the native pacific northwesterner.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas