Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Simple Jersey Necklace


Since we returned from Mexico, I just can't get back into sweater mode. Luckily we're slowly inching towards Spring now. Anyway, I've been wearing a lot of t-shirts and I wanted to put a cute necklace together to "dress" them up a bit. I made this simple necklace from left-over red jersey fabric I had, although you could totally use an old tshirt. I cut the fabric into 3/4 inch wide strips and then tied together three lengths, making the total length about 2 yards. Then I just wrapped it around and around and tied the ends together. The fabric will naturally roll up on itself but you can help it along by rolling it in between your fingers. I love the look of this necklace and have received a ton of compliments on it already!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

oh man! that is so cool. i dig the color!