Thursday, November 12, 2009

To Brighten Up Any Room


I love how a fresh coat of paint can totally change how you feel about a piece of furniture. I got these set of shelves at goodwill a couple of weeks ago for $4 each, knowing I was going to paint them eventually. I had no idea what a difference it would make. I chose a bright blue from the reject paint bin at Fred Meyer (only $5) and the shelves turned out perfect. Technically they're for my booth at Crafty Wonderland but the boy moved some music stuff down to his practice space last weekend and it left just the right amount of space for these to sit next to the bed in our guest room.

I was also looking through photos, thinking of summer and remembering this salad I threw together when a friend dropped by with half a pound of cherry tomatoes from her garden and I didn't know what to do with them. If you have any tomatoes lying around (although I guess the season is over now) all I did was half them and add fresh basil, basil infused olive oil, a teeny bit of vinegar and chevre. YUM.

And finally, I couldn't resist posting this awesome photo of my niece at her fourth birthday in September. I found that hat at Target and I got her the matching gloves too. That is a such a classic face.

No comments: