Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Caramel Apples




You can tell fall is here when days are broken up by short spurts of hard rain and Fred Meyer has all of their caramel apple supplies up at the front of the store. I needed a dessert to bring to my friend's house tonite so when I stopped by the store to pick something up, I fell prey to the display and caramel apples it is. I had never made them before but it was super easy and fun. I followed the directions on the bag of caramels (Put all caramels plus 2 tablespoons of water in a pan and melt over medium-low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Spoon caramel over apples and leave in fridge until 15 minutes before ready to serve.) They came out perfectly. I love summer but squash, candy corn, sweaters and caramel apples serve as nice distractions that it's over.

No comments: