Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth!


While waiting for the boy to get his act together (AKA shower) so we can head to a few BBQs around town today I was browsing some wedding blogs and thought it would be interesting to compile my favorites for any brides-to-be out there (or anyone who enjoys the wonderful pictures on wedding sites).
The ones I have checked pretty religiously since becoming engaged are:
OffBeat Bride. The woman who runs this lives in Seattle so there's always some good local stuff. I love to roundups of quirky weddings and it's inspiring to see how many people choose to just have the wedding they want, instead of letting "tradition" stand in their way.
Brooklyn Bride. This one is lovely for the pictures. A lot of the weddings that have been posted on their have been HUGE inspirations for the boy and I.
$10,000 Wedding. This site is very budget conscience which is great for us and our $4,000 budget. She also has every decent wedding website linked on her side bar so it's a good reference for that.
A Cup of Jo. This woman works for Glamour but has her own personal website where she posts a ton about weddings because she's getting married this summer.
Mint. She's a graphic designer who just got married and her wedding looks like it was amazing.
There are probably more that I'm just blanking on right now but these have been my tried and trues. I have also picked up the habit of going to etsy and just typing in "wedding" to see what turns up. Always some great stuff.

No comments: