Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring Dress



I made this dress to wear to the wedding last weekend but it was much too cold! I ended up wearing a dress with a lining but I'm sure I'll get tons of wear out of this one during the spring and summer! I used a Burda pattern from fabric depot and it was 40% off which is crazy awesome! Clothing patterns can be so expensive so it's nice to have a cheap source nearby. There is still one little tweak I want to make under the arms but if I pair it with a cardigan (like I am today) you can't even tell. The fabric is Moda and 100% cotton. I really love it! The thing I especially loved about this pattern is that it only uses two yards of fabric which gives me the flexibility to use a more expensive fabric if I want and still not spend a ton.
Anyway, happy mother's day to any mom's out there (and my own!) we are off to search for a wedding ring for the boy!

2 comments:

julia said...

um! i want to make one of these!

Antelope Baby Industries said...

I know, I love it! You can make it during PDX Craft Night!