Thursday, January 15, 2009


Thank you for the congrats on the wedding! I'm so excited, it's kind of ridiculous. I should have mentioned, the boy purchased the ring at this awesome place Gilt which specializes in antique/vintage jewelry. My favorite thing about the ring is the engraving on the inside "June 2, 1941." I think we're going to get his wedding band there as well. As for wedding planning, I'm doing all sorts of things I hadn't thought of before I got engaged. Like buying Martha Stewart's 'Weddings' magazine and starting a wedding budget. Eek! I've also started to look at dresses, like this one which I found on Posh Girl Vintage. The main thing I didn't expect was how many decisions we are going to have to make. I thought it would be easy to plan a wedding in 6 or 7 months but it turns out there is probably a reason that couples are usually engaged for about a year. Regardless, we're going to move ahead with the summer wedding. Once we're married I don't think we'll look back and say "oh jeez, we really should have had our reception at that one place" you know?

No comments: