Saturday, September 6, 2008

Birthday Gifts


Wow, wow, wow. I can't believe it's September already. I am itching to stay at home and sew all day so I know Fall must be just around the corner. This clutch was made for a friend's birthday a few weeks ago. I had some Japanese fabric that I'd ordered off Etsy ages ago and bright red corduroy that I actually picked up at the Bins. They look so good together and I knew this particular friend would love them both so I came up with this little purse. I added a gold sewing machine charm as a zipper pull and I'm really pleased with how it came out. The top of the purse kind of bunches where the zipper is, a problem I often have when I make bags or purses with flaps. A pattern could easily solve this no doubt, but sometimes I just hate using patterns, you know?


Last weekend the boy and I headed to the Oregon coast for my birthday/our anniversary. We stayed about a half hour North of Florence in Yachats. Our motel was right on the water and we had a balcony with the most amazing view. We drank beer and looked at the ocean, took early morning and late evening walks on the beach and made delicious veggie BLTs. We also stopped at this viewpoint called Strawberry Hill where you can walk down to the water. When the tide is out harbor seals come and sun on the rocks. I couldn't believe how close we were to them! We also saw sea anemones and sea stars. It was maybe the best vacation I've ever taken. I am so thankful to have someone in my life that cares about me so much and planned something so perfect.
This weekend, I am laying low, maybe recovering some throw pillows and tending to Bianca who still seems to be upset at us for leaving her last weekend.

No comments: