Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rehder Reunion


This weekend, in lieu of bocce ball and croquet in the park with our friends, we will be in lovely Cottonwood Idaho attending my family reunion. I believe it's the 100 year anniversary of the barn my great great grandfather built in Cottonwood, though I can't be sure. The details are a bit sketchy. All we know for definite is that on Thursday, we're taking the train up to Seattle to join in a caravan across the great state of Washington to Spokane, where we will be staying and then on to Idaho, our final destination. At this point I'm just along for the ride. I plan on drinking beer, watching the boy play golf and trying to "fit in." I tend to get annoyed at the questions people ask me at these sort of things. "So, what do you do?" "So, when are you two getting married?" "So, what part of Portland do you live in?" Please. No. It's so uncomfortable. And why do all your questions begin with "so"?
Anyway, the last time we did one of these trips we bought scratch tickets and scratched our way across the state. At least I'll be in good company. I also designed the commemorative tshirt for the occasion. The design is above and that's the barn we're commemorating. I'm mostly happy with the way it turned out. The tshirts are white ink printed on navy blue shirts. I didn't screen them myself because we just don't have the capacity for 100 tshirts right now at our place. Where would they go to dry?
Expect pictures from our excursion next week. Hopefully we'll have the shirts on and you can see them in all their glory!
If I don't get back on this thing before we take off, happy fourth. I hope you have more fun things to do than drive across a huge state with your family.

No comments: