Thursday, July 10, 2008

DIY Home Ideas



The thing I was so excited about when we bought a place was being able to do my own renovations and changes to it. I found a few things this week that I'm inspired to try and recreate myself and while they're not "renovations" per se, they're improvements that will hopefully be a stepping stone to actual renovations, such as replacing lighting fixtures and removing our hideous medicine cabinet. Alright, so these drawer pulls I found on Apartment Therapy are leather with 2 bolts on each end. This seems like a super easy project to add to these small set of drawers as pulls.



I'd keep the natural wood of the drawers and instead of painting them, add color with different leather or suede pieces that I already have in my stash. I think I'll try it out this weekend if I can make it to Ikea for a set of these drawers.


I also peeped these cat boxes on AT. Somehow I'm convinced, regardless of the fact that I don't own a circular saw and haven't "built" anything from wood since my 7th grad shop class, that I can recreate this. Seriously. Dude selling these wants $250 bones. For real? We need a new cat box and I'm kind of lovin' up on this one. Maybe if I can find a piece of wood with a circle already cut out? Do they sell those at Home Depot? Man. I really don't know what I'm doing but somehow I'm still convinced I can do it. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
The past weekend was lovely too! Sorry for dropping off the planet. Pictures of old people in Rehder t-shirts to come. This weekend I'm headed to this. so I need to measure some walls in our place in case I find furniture. I'm also planning on a trip here for raspberries and a look at the new Sauvie Island bridge. No more waiting 2 hours to get off that island you say? I'm in!

No comments: