Friday, April 11, 2008

Dress Up Friday

I've been thinking for a while that it would be cool to have themed days for the blog. Dress up Friday, for example. Not everyday of course, but a few. It may keep me motivated to update more often if I've got specific themes in mind. We'll see how it pans out. So today I'm introducing Dress Up Friday, for now anyhow.


I was on Anthropologie's site earlier and saw this gorgeous outfit. I love the belt and knee length skirts like this one always kill me. This reminds me of the fabric I have at home all ready for a couple of nice spring/summer skirts. Man, I really need to get on that!


This is from Forever 21. I'm sort of addicted to going into that store. I don't mean buying anything, I just like to go in and look around. That claustrophobic feeling of 16 year old hoochies tearing thru racks of clothing is comforting in some odd way. I walk around the store and touch the clothes and look at everyone. Is that creepy? I think it's just habit at this point. I have a lot of strange people watching habits but I think that's another story for another day.

This final one is my favorite. This local clothing designer goes under the name Frocky Jack Morgan and I swear, when I get married I want her to design my dress. Honestly, I'd get married in this dress. I love the wings and the silk. I love the pieced together part of it but how it maintains this sort of 30s or 40s feel. Her new studio is in this store Flutter on Mississippi that I love. They have small birds in a cage in the store and you always feel transported to somewhere magical when you're there.

No comments: