Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Attack Plan



So I saw this sweater wreath on apartment therapy from Viva Terra. It's $69 which really isn't that bad but, as they said on AT, it's so easy to picture doing this yourself. I'm going to try it. I even drew up a little plan. I'll let you know how it goes! I do this before a lot of my projects. Kind of draw up an outline of pieces I need and how it might all go together. Sometimes it's my favorite part of creating. You know, before I get frustrated because my sewing machine is being bitchy or the fabric isn't acting the way I want it to. In these drawings, it all seems so simple.

2 comments:

Bev and Ollie "O" said...

ooh I love this idea, please let us see how it turns out. Do you need to use something like a coat hanger to create the circle?

Jane's Designs said...

I just saw this same wreath tonight on someone elses blog. Very sweet. I think I will start saving my felt scraps and give this a try next year. Please post a picture so we can see how it turns out. Are you going to use wire like Bev suggested to string it on? Please fill us in on all the details.