Friday, November 2, 2007

Costume Making (a bit late...)


Oh! If I was on top of things, I would have posted this on Halloween. Here's the boy as Kanye West for his office costume contest. We made some of it and the rest was just clothes he had in his closet. We bought a pink polo at Ross and since he's a slim guy, I brought the shirt in a bit with my sewing machine. This is a super easy thing to do but I was in a hurry and didn't shorten the sleeves so it looks a little funny.
In order to make the Jesus chain, we printed out a picture of a blinged Jesus that we liked, glued it to cardstock, let it dry and then cut it out. To make it extra durable, I also modge podged the front. I left some room on the top of the Jesus to fold over, then I stuck the "gold" chain through the loop and glued the loop to the back of the Jesus.
The boy made those glasses all on his own. Aren't they great? He downloaded a pattern from the internet and glued it to some cardstock, then cut all the slits out with an exacto knife.
He only got one vote for best costume. The person put "I vote for Dan because I hear it took him 3 hours to make those glasses." It was probably more like 2.

No comments: