Sunday, November 18, 2007

Button Button, Who's got the Button?


This weekend we went to a really great estate sale. I guess I kept referring to the woman who had died, like she was still alive and we were buying the items directly from her. The boy kept being like, "Wait, who are you talking about? Who's 'she' ?" I guess I felt connected to her. She must have been a crafter and she had all these amazing crocheted afghans and boxes of old sewing patterns. We both got some great things. It's strange being in a house full of someone elses memories when they're no longer alive but these people were truly interesting. Old train sets with boxes of train tracks, a basement with Schwinn bicycles and old dusty plastic bottles of water. What an interesting experience. I love all things vintage and even though we have no idea where all our new treasures will go, I'm so happy to have found this awesome stuff.
I also updated my etsy shop today and will be putting more stuff up all week to get ready for the holidays. I've got so much to do to get ready for my craft shows too but it's going to be so fun! I am going to take pictures of the gifts I'm making as well but those won't get posted until after Christmas since people recieving those gifts may be taking a look here!
Yay for the short work week too! I can't wait to head up to Seattle on Thursday!

No comments: