Monday, October 8, 2007

Shrug In Progress


The christmas presents have begun. This pattern is out of the Speed Knitting book I got from the library and it's for a shrug (like a half sweater in case you don't know). I'm using ggh Aspen Merino wool and Acrylic blend and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. The people at my neighborhood yarn shop, Close Knit really helped me out. Once you get going, these patterns are simple but they aren't specific about how much yarn you need. They use weight instead of yardage which is really annoying because this particular pattern called for cotton and I wanted to use something heavier. The awesome people at Close Knit stopped me from having a math breakdown and I got what I wanted to start this project. I'm actually really confused about how to add stitches in a row without creating a hole in my work, which is what this pattern seems to be asking of me. If anyone has any pointers, I'd love the help!
Oh, and I also got my swap partner assignment. I'll need to get started on that soon. I've finally come to terms with the weather change and now all I want to do is bake stuffed squash and drink hot toddy's with orange slices.