Monday, September 17, 2007

I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry that I made you cry...


Woah blog, stop crying, I'm sorry that I've been neglecting you! I guess that's what moving and anniversaries and starting new jobs will do to you! Those things will also cause you to lower your craft productivity significantly. ugh. I have started a new knitting project and made a tentative commitment to myself to hand craft all my Christmas gifts this year. It is a fairly ambitious task and I really hope I can keep up with it since it will take some advanced effort. This year I have thought, almost constantly, about the amount of waste that humans create. It's devistating and, although I do plan on keeping this blog free from preaching, I'll just say that I think we as humans, need to significantly lower our output of waste. I think that using some recycled materials and not buying over produced junk, I can lower my waste output making my gifts by hand. Does that even make sense?!


To catch you up, here are some inspirational pictures. I think lite is such an important part of taking pictures, actually lite is important in art in general. The light is so different in all of these pictures. I hope you get inspired!
Oh and I also found a craft nite here in Portland at a yarn store called Twisted on NE Broadway and 22nd. It's every Tuesday nite and they have tea and snacks. I plan on going for my first time this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Antelope Baby Industries said...

NO mean comments from annonymous posters please :) I accept criticism but only by those who are brave enough to identify themselves. Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

When I saw that you deleted my comment, I became so angry that the fluid inside my eyeballs boiled and burst and the boiling fluid scalded my pink cheeks. With rage! And now I have to have a friend type this for me (hi, Vanessa!) because I'm blind. This is much more egregious than spelling like a 13 year old text messenger! You've crippled me!