Saturday, August 25, 2007

Get Off Your Soap Box

Today is the much-hyped Portland Soap Box Derby and unfortunately my nearly unemployed butt has to miss it so I can work a few hours and pay the billz.
Anyway, here are some amazing things I found online today while dreaming about drinkin' beer and watching people fall off the edge of the road in a poorly made wood box with wheels.
First, my friend Ann is in Japan for the next couple years teaching japanese and her blog is awesome. Always great photos and funny stories. It makes me very jealous. I can't wait to live overseas at some point in the future.

Next, this blog is a new favorite. I found this amazing Anthropologie necklace on it. Totally inspiring. I've been working on a few jewelry things and I love stuff like this that looks almost found or thrown together.

And finally, this idea from Apartment Therapy is brilliant. I am going to try it this weekend and report back. We have had fruit flys in our apartment for the last few weeks and it's driving me crazy. I hope this works.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: