Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Treats


Wow. Okay, I think I'm finally coming out of the weekend haze. Saturday was a terrific St. Patrick's Day. I went to some amazing thrift/vintage stores here in Portland where is seems like everything is half the price it would be in Seattle. Meaning items are priced at their actual worth and it's doesn't get jacked up simply because it's awesome.
The drinking began at a rummage sale on Hawthorne later in the day where Dan, Matt (a friend who recently moved to Portland from New York) and I took $1 surprise shots from liquor bottles wrapped in paper bags. More impressive than the cheap shots, however, was the amazing selection of stuff at the sale. I bought these shiny buttons and this broch to use on future craft projects (eyes for felt animals, maybe???). I'm actually amazed that the drinking didn't hinder my purchasing skillz and I was able to abstain from buying a vintage purse and some of the dollar records they had there, including one with a robot playing a guitar (spectacular!).

No comments: